Pinecrest Country Club is one of the most beautiful, challenging, yet affordable golf courses in western Pennsylvania. Although it sits at only 5800 yards, it will put all your skills and knowledge to the test.
The original golf course, what is now the back nine, was once the private property of the Sam Henderson Family. Mr. Henderson wanted to share his love for the game with others, so a meeting was held at the local YMCA on April 22, 1926 to organize the Brookville Tennis and Golf Club. Mr. Frank Leathers was chosen as the first president.
The Clubhouse was built by Ray Richards, a local contractor, in 1927. The original clubhouse, an icon of character, elegance, and grace is still used today for weddings, parties, reunions, and other major events. The Pro Shop as well as Little River Pub & Grille both operate out of the Clubhouse.
Upon the death of her husband, Mrs. Henderson deeded 75 acres of land in Union Township to Pinecrest, giving the club the ability to add an additional nine holes in the spring of 1962.
Today, Pinecrest is widely known as one of the finest golf courses in Jefferson County and all contiguous counties.