The original golf course, which we know as the back nine, was once the private property of the Sam Henderson Family. Mr. Henderson wanted to share his love for this game of golf with others, so a meeting was held at the local YMCA on April 22, 1926 to organize the Brookville Tennis and Golf Club.
Mr. Frank Leathers was chosen as the first President. The club house was built by Ray Richards, a local contractor, in 1927. Upon the death of her husband, Mrs. Henderson deeded 75 acres of land in Union Township to Pinecrest.
The course opened an additional nine holes in the spring of 1962.